Must See Football Videos
Maurice Jones-Drew Hurdle Mobility Series
Path to the Pros 2014: Terrance West
The Five Pillars of Heads Up Football
Looking to dominate your competition, on and off the field? You may want to scope out the 360 Football Academy, whose mission is "to provide student-athletes a comprehensive curricula through a technologically-based educational platform, complemented by elite athletic and academic resources." The program also has an "end objective of ensuring 99 percent of our participants receive academic or athletic scholarships to attend institutions of higher education."
The Academy runs every summer for five days but includes year-round, web-based training and educational tools. What we like about the camp is not only the hands-on approach of the coaches and NFL athletes in attendance, but also the emphasis on academics, leadership and professionalism.
All 360 Football Academies include the following elements:
- ACT/SAT education
- College admissions planning
- Health and wellness forum
- Leadership summit and speakers bureau
- NCAA compliance
- NCAA recruiting process
- Parents of Professional Athletes program (for the parents of student-athletes)
- Presentation and interview training
- Sports performance training
- Sport-specific practices and training
- Virtual combine
In addition, all 360 Sports Academy participants receive the following tools:
- 12-month SAT/ACT preparatory class, with practice exams
- 9-week leadership development program
- Monthly sport-specific training program
- Health and wellness educational materials
- Monthly online educational webinars
For a more in-depth look at the Academy, check out this documentary put together by Richard Cameron White, entitled Nothin' But A Grind.
New sessions begin June 2011 in Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas and San Diego. For more information and registration details, visit www.360footballacademy.com.
Source: Our Kitchen Sink