Must See Entertainment and Style Videos
The STACK Rundown: New NBA Kicks, the Jawbone UP and an LA Laker Throws a Shoe
The STACK Rundown: New NBA Courts, Kevin Durant Gets an HBO Show and Brian Hoyer Gets His Dance On
The STACK Rundown: LeBron James's New TV Show, Oregon's Black & Pink Uniforms and Rookie Pranks
This season, stay comfortable and dry in the bleachers with a homemade stadium cushion. Homemade insulated, waterproof stadium cushions are great alternatives to expensive store-bought ones, since they can be quickly assembled from materials already lying around the house.
Homemade Stadium Cushion Supplies
- Vinyl tablecloth
- Measuring tape
- Cotton batting
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery floss
Homemade Stadium Cushion
- Cut a 24" x 48" rectangle from a vinyl tablecloth.
- Lay the rectangle face down. Place a 20-inch square of 1-inch-thick cotton batting over half of the rectangle.
- Place a 2-inch layer of neatly stacked newspaper on top of the batting. Then place another 20-inch square of cotton batting on top of the layer of newspaper.
- Fold the vinyl rectangle over the three-layer stack of batting and newspaper. With colorful embroidery floss, sew around the open edges with an embroidery needle. Maintain a half-inch space between each stitch.
- Bring your stadium cushion with you to your next rainy-day sporting event to stay dry and comfortable.