Must See Flexibility Videos
Dwyane Wade Slideboard Dynamic Glute/Hip Stretch
Georgia Softball World's Greatest Stretch
Maryland Men's Soccer Leg Swing Series
Yogi Rebecca Pacheco (meet Rebecca) kicks off STACK’s Yoga for Athletes series with the basics. Although her first routine is entitled “Yoga for Runners,” it is a perfect warm-up /cool-down for athletes in all sports.
Pacheco has helped amateur, Olympic and professional athletes improve their game and avoid injury with the movements in this sequence. Try it as a warm-up before your next game, and follow Rebecca on Facebook or Twitter for more great yoga routines for athletes.
Watch the video below for full workout instructions.
- Start in Rag Doll or a forward-fold position with hips shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent
- Walk back to Downward Dog
- Lift one leg and begin to circle hip
- Step to low lunge with Cat/Cow Tilts
- Move forward to Half Pigeon
- Step back to Downward Dog and forward to an IT Band Stretch
- Roll to stand up and progress to a Side Body Stretch
- Fold back to Rag Doll
- Repeat on opposite side