Must See Flexibility Videos
Yogi Rebecca Pacheco (meet Rebecca) kicks off STACK’s Yoga for Athletes series with the basics. Although her first routine is entitled “Yoga for Runners,” it is a perfect warm-up /cool-down for athletes in all sports.
Pacheco has helped amateur, Olympic and professional athletes improve their game and avoid injury with the movements in this sequence. Try it as a warm-up before your next game, and follow Rebecca on Facebook or Twitter for more great yoga routines for athletes.
Watch the video below for full workout instructions.
- Start in Rag Doll or a forward-fold position with hips shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent
- Walk back to Downward Dog
- Lift one leg and begin to circle hip
- Step to low lunge with Cat/Cow Tilts
- Move forward to Half Pigeon
- Step back to Downward Dog and forward to an IT Band Stretch
- Roll to stand up and progress to a Side Body Stretch
- Fold back to Rag Doll
- Repeat on opposite side