Must See MMA Videos
Johny Hendricks Heavy Bag Circuit
Herschel Walker's MMA Workout
Shawn Porter Slip Drill
Ultimate Fight Championship announced the main card for its upcoming pay-per-view event, UFC 156. On Feb. 2, Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo will defend his title against Frankie Edgar at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
(Enhance your MMA skills with Heavy Rope Exercises.)
The featherweight title is still relatively new; Aldo became the first featherweight champion in Nov. 2010—and has successfully defended the strap since. Edgar hopes to end Aldo's two-year reign as champ. This will be no easy feat, since Aldo remains undefeated inside the octagon.
The encounter between Aldo and Edgar will be the only championship fight on the main card. Alistair Overeem and Antonio Silva will clash in a heavyweight bout—with the outcome having implications on who will face Cain Velasquez, Heavyweight Champion since Dec. 29.
(Learn 6 exercises to box your way to knockout power.)
The main event kicks off at 10 p.m. EST. Here's the full fight card:
- Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar (Featherweight Championship)
- Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva
- Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall
The pay-per-view event will be preceded by preliminary fights, broadcast on FX at 7 p.m. EST and also available via live streaming on Facebook:
- Evan Dunham vs. Gleison Tibau
- Bobby Green vs. Jacob Volkmann
- Edwin Figueroa vs. Francisco Rivera
- Jay Hieron vs. Tyron Woodley
- Yves Edwards vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
- Chico Camus vs. Dustin Kimura
UFC 156 is taking place on the weekend of Super Bowl XLVII, so it's sure to be a weekend jam-packed with sports action.