Several of the boldest NBA uniforms from the 1990s are coming back this season, thanks to adidas. You'll get to see the retro uniforms on 10 nationally televised "Hardwood Classics" games through March (see below).
Updated with adidas performance technology for today’s game, these classics retros let fans and players relive the styles and basketball personalities of the ’90s. From Milwaukee’s “Full Buck” alternate road uniform, worn by the playoff-bound ’98-’99 team, to the “Pinstripes” worn by the ’95-’96 champion Chicago Bulls, these uniforms evoke nostalgia for the distinct attitude and fashion that characterized the decade.
Fans can grab their own Hardwood Classic Retro jerseys at NBAStore.com and team shops for $100.
The retro uniforms include:
- Atlanta Hawks “Spreadwings” home uniform (1998-99 season) that features the Atlanta Hawk stretching its wings across the front of the jersey
- Chicago Bulls “Pinstripe” alternate road uniform (1995-96 season) that features red stripes on a black jersey with red and white trim
- Indiana Pacers “Classic Pinstripe” home uniform (1996-97 season) that features navy stripes on a white jersey with gold and navy trim
- Miami Heat “Deep Red” alternate road uniform (1995-96 season) that features black and white letters and numbers on a red jersey with black and white trim
- Milwaukee Bucks “Full Buck” alternate road uniform (1995-96 season) that features a purple and white buck next to the number on the front of a hunter green jersey
- Phoenix Suns “Steaming Sun” alternate road uniform (1994-95 season) that features a sun blasting diagonally across the chest above the number on a black jersey.
- Sacramento Kings “Checkerboard” uniform (1996-97 season) that features purple and white checkers on the sides of the jersey and shorts with the left side of the jersey colored purple and the right side colored black
The 10 NBA Hardwood Classic Nights will be nationally broadcast on ABC, TNT, NBA TV and ESPN, as follows (asterisk [*] denotes team wearing Classic Retro uniforms):
- Wednesday, Jan. 30: Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns* (ESPN)
- Friday, Feb. 1: Miami Heat* at Indiana Pacers* (ESPN)
- Friday, Feb. 8: Los Angeles Clippers at Miami Heat* (ESPN)
- Saturday, Feb. 9: Utah Jazz at Sacramento Kings* (NBA TV)
- Thursday, Feb. 14: Miami Heat* at Oklahoma City Thunder (TNT)
- Wednesday, Feb. 20: Atlanta Hawks* at Miami Heat* (ESPN)
- Thursday, Feb. 21: Miami Heat* at Chicago Bulls* (TNT)
- Saturday, March 3: Chicago Bulls* at Indiana Pacers* (ESPN)
- Sunday, March 10: Chicago Bulls* at LA Lakers (ABC)
- Saturday, March 30: Indiana Pacers* at Phoenix Suns* (NBA TV)