'Fantastic Four' Film Reboot, New Comic Book Series Coming Soon
November 21, 2013 | Shay Mathews
Must See Entertainment and Style Videos
DJ Steph Floss Shows Off His Ridiculous Sneaker Collection
Checking Out the Sneakers at the First Annual SNKRBST
Rampage Jackson Shows Off His Crib
The forthcoming Fantastic Four reboot has been pushed from its original March 2015 release date to a prime summer slot. The superhero team will now come to our rescue on June 19, 2015.
Although the cast hasn't been fully selected, Miles Teller is reportedly in the running to play Reed Richards, the ever-bendable Mr. Fantastic. Saoirse Ronan and Kate Mara have both been mentioned for the role of Sue Storm. And Michael B. Jordan is thought to be the frontrunner for the role of Johnny Storm.
Asked by Fandango about his possible role, Teller said, "I don't know. If that happens, if everything works out, then I will be pretty pumped. But then I'll also be working [on other projects]. It's like seven months out of your year, which is not a bad problem."
The use of younger actors seems to back up Mark Millar's comments earlier this year about director Josh Trank wishing to give the film a more serious tone. Tim Story's take on the superhero team, released in 2005, was financially successful but panned by critics.
In related news, writer James Robinson and artist Leonard Kirk have announced plans to re-launch Marvel's Fantastic Four comic book series. The first issue will be released in February. "We're going to see the fragmentation of the family due to villainous outside forces that are slowly picking at them and eroding them," said Robinson. "The arc I'm going to be telling is basically the fall and the rise of the Fantastic Four."