Effective Band Stretches
Sometimes simplicity is best, especially in training gear. For athletes on the go, resistance bands are perfect tools. They're light, compact and inexpensive, convenient to toss in your bag and take anywhere. Plus, they are effective for just about any type of training:
Increase your range of motion and boost your recovery process with these simple methods. In the videos, we used EFS Mini bands, but I also use the green stretch bands from "Perform Better." They both work well.
Hip Flexor Stretch
- Relax. Make sure to allow the band to track back.
- Once you allow the band to do its work, you'll feel a BIG difference!
- Time. Hold for a minimum of 5 seconds.
- Move around. We're all tight in various areas and built differently, so there's no one-size-fits-all method. Take your time and listen to your body.
Sample Band Stretch Training Day
If you're particularly tight, you may want to add some of these stretches between your squat warm-up sets. For example:
- Squat with the bar for eight reps
- Perform a Hamstring Band Stretch for five or more seconds moving in various directions
- Squat with 95 pounds for five reps
- Perform a Hip Flexor Band Stretch for five or more seconds
- Squat with 135 pounds for five reps
- Perform a Calf Band Stretch for five or more seconds moving in various directions