You're pressed for time but want to get a serious chest workout in.
What do you do?
Most people get frustrated thinking about exercises and how much to do. At least until now.
The Chest Test
Welcome to the Chest Test. This chest workout has been in my family for the last 10 years. My older brother Brian used to make me do it when I was training for my college wrestling career. It's quick and to the point, plus it's an absolute crusher for your pecs. I'll never forget the first time I went through it—and neither will you.
So what is it?
- A1: Feet-Elevated Push-Ups - X 30 Reps
- A2: Barbell Incline Bench Press - X 10 Reps
- A3: Dumbbell Flat Flys - X 10 Reps
How To Do It:
- Go through A1-A3 as fast as possible with no breaks between exercises.
- When you finish, that's round 1.
- Complete 6 rounds, resting only 1 minute between rounds.
- If needed, regress down with the Push-Ups.
- Use a weight that challenges you for 10 reps; go down in the next round if you need to.
- Keep good form throughout the entire workout.
Keep this in your back pocket for when you get to the gym and have to "wing it" for your workout. Use it as a finisher for chest day or as an entire workout and watch your pecs start to show through your shirt!
Email me for more free workouts just like the one you read about today!
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock