Exercise of the Week: Cable Cross Pull
STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
Cable Cross Pull
Who Does It
Jordan Eberle, Edmonton Oilers RW
Sports Performance Benefits
Builds back strength, which helps you win battles for position against opponents. The move also promotes shoulder stability, which is important for absorbing contact from a tackle or body check.
- Stand two feet in front of an adjustable cable or Keiser machine with your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold the cable handles in front of your face with your arms crisscrossed.
- Pinch your shoulder blades together and pull the handles down and across your body, finishing the pull at your hips.
- Slowly return your arms to the starting position, maintaining tension on the cables as you move.
- Use a light weight and perform at a high speed.
- Pull the handles down and across your body.
- Keep your core engaged throughout.