STACK Challenge: How Strong Is Your Grip?
Every week, a new STACK Challenge gives you an opportunity to test your athletic ability and win a STACK T-shirt. Take the challenge and enter to win by tweeting your results with #STACKChallenge.
To complete the Plate Pinch test, simply pinch a 25-pound plate between your fingers and hold it at your side for as long as possible. For this challenge, use two plates—one in your right hand and one in your left. Don't cheat by curling your fingers under the lip.
Hold a 25-pound plate in each hand with a pinch grip for as long as possible.
How Do You STACK Up?
Rookie: 1 minute to 1-1/2 minutes
Pro: 1-1/2 to 2 minutes
All-Star: over 2 minutes
How to Win a STACK T-Shirt
- Complete the challenge by July 27
- Follow STACK on Twitter (@stackmedia)
- Tweet your results and include #STACKChallenge
Keep improving your grip strength by performing the Plate Pinch at the end of your workouts. Make the challenge even harder by gripping the edge of the plate with just your fingertips.
Continue your grip training with exercises in the following articles:
- 5 Time-Saving Grip Strength Exercises
- Grip and Rip With Rice Bucket Hand-Strengthening Exercises
- 5 Grip Strength Builders to Improve Batting
Topics: STACK CHALLENGE