Want to know how to build your own gym for only $50?
Follow John Papp and me at Xceleration Fitness as we show you a simple and inexpensive way you can build gym equipment using tools and supplies from your local hardware store!
It literally took us under an hour to buy and put together the pieces to make a home gym. The best part is how much you can use these pieces of equipment for multiple exercises.
I am going to show you how to build slosh tubes and parallette bars. Not only am I going to show you how to build the home gym, but I'm also going to show you a workout that will leave you drenched in sweat using your new equipment.
How to Build Slosh Tubes
Slosh tubes are essentially big PVC pipes filled with water. What are they good for? Core development.
The slosh tubes do just what they sound like. They "slosh" water back and forth. As you squat, press or pull, the water moves around in an unpredictable manner causing your stabilizer muscles and core to work big time! These are great for an at-home gym.
RELATED: A Simple Home Gym Setup and Workout
What you will need to acquire
- 1 PVC pipe - 8 to 10 feet long, 3 inches in diameter
- 2 end caps
- Primer & glue
How to build it
- Cut the PVC pipe in half (approximately 5 feet each)
- Put primer & glue onto the end cap and cap one side of the tube
- Fill the tube with water (use a scale if you want to know exactly how much your slosh tube will weigh)
- Put primer & glue on the opposite end cap and seal the other side
How to Build Paralette Bars
I'm obsessed with these bars right now. I've been using them at home for ab work and Push-Ups, and I've noticed a huge difference in my core stability.
What you will need to buy
- 1 PVC pipe, 8 to 10 feet long, 1 inch in diameter
- 1 hacksaw & glue
- 4 PVC T-Connectors
- 4 PVC elbow/90 degree joints
- 8 PVC end caps
How to build it
- Measure & cut two 18-inch cuts
- Attach 18-inch pipes to 90-degree elbow joints
- Cut two 6-inch cuts
- Attach 6-inch pipes to open side of 90-degree elbow joints
- Attach 2 T-Connectors
- Cut four 5-inch cuts
- Attach to open T-connectors
- Place 4 end caps on pipes
Boom! You are done!
You now have two pieces of equipment that you can use for one killer workout, either at home, at the gym or even outside!
Here is the workout that goes along with this.
For more free fitness content, be sure to follow me on social!
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock