Training Tool: SKLZ Quick Ladder
Agility ladders are common tools in most training centers. But for around $30, you can have one of these valuable tools at home. The SKLZ Quick Ladder is a great option for athletes who want to get faster on their own time. (Learn more ways to get faster.)
SKLZ Quick Ladder
The SKLZ Quick Ladder is made of durable nylon straps and heavy-duty rungs to withstand the rigors of intense workout sessions. D-rings are built in to each end, so you can stake the ladder to the ground outside to prevent unwanted movements that could disrupt your workout. The ladder comes with a storage bag, which takes up less than 15 inches of space, so you can easily transport it in a gym duffle.
The Quick Ladder is 15 feet long with 11 rungs, perfect for any ladder drills. If desired, you can attach multiple ladders for an addition challenge.
My athletes use the SKLZ Quick Ladder to develop their footwork, agility, foot speed, hand speed and coordination. They commonly perform standard drills, but with this piece of equipment, there's a great opportunity to get creative with how you train. I recommend the following six drills:
- Ladder Runs - 1 foot in each box
- Two-Foot Runs - touch both feet in each box
- Lateral Shuffle - shuffle sideways through ladder touching both feet in each box
- One-Hand Walks - bear crawl through ladder with one foot and hand in each box
- Two-Hand Walks - bear crawl through ladder with two hands and feet in each box
- In-In-Out-Out - hop through ladder with two feet in box, then two feet outside of ladder
Perform two to four sets of each drill with 60 seconds rest between them. Check out the video links below for additional drills that can be performed on the SKLZ Quick Ladder.
Topics: SPEED LADDER DRILLS