- Assume athletic stance with feet shoulder-width apart
- Rest bar across front of shoulders with Clean grip
- Keeping back straight and knees behind toes, sink hips back and lower into squat until thighs are parallel to ground
- Explode up by driving through heels and extending knees and hips to return to start position
- Repeat for specified reps
Benefits: This functional movement increases strength throughout the hips, knees and ankles. It also activates the core to stabilize the body against the added weight. The movement trains the body in an athletic position, which facilitates performance gains on the field.