Baseball Power Workout
September 12, 2011
IMG Performance Institute performance specialist Corey Stenstrup demonstrates a baseball power workout with MLB star Joey Votto.
About the Video
Corey Stenstrup, IMG Performance Institute performance specialist, has MLB star Joey Votto perform an Elastic Power Circuit that improves the body's ability to use stored elastic energy to generate power. Stenstrup explains the best methods for implementing this unique circuit into your athlete's program and shares technique guidelines to ensure your athlete's workout is safe and effective.
To increase your athlete's overall power by focusing on harnessing and releasing elastic energy. This is best developed with exercises that evoke the stretch shortening cycle and force the body to move in a fluid motion.
- Have athlete perform Depth Drops With Recoil, Med Ball Clean and Press, and Suspended Traction in circuit fashion
- Have athlete perform Elastic Power Circuit before other exercises
- Elevate med ball so athlete doesn't bend too much on Med Ball Clean and Press
- Have athlete keep pelvis stable with gate width four inches apart on Suspended Traction
- Depth Drops With Recoil: 1x6
- Med Ball Clean and Press:1x4
- Suspended Traction: 1x3 each leg or about 20-30 seconds
- 2x circuit