Alan Stein: Here is an awesome workout challenge that is perfect for athletes of any level to do once every couple of weeks during the off-season. It's a fantastic way to break up the monotony of training, add some variety to your workout and spark your competitiveness.
How To: Multiply the weight you lift by the number of reps you perform to get total poundage for that set.
If you Bench Press 135 pounds 10 times, record 1,350 pounds for that set.
Keep a running total and then add everything up at the end (use the calculator on your smartphone so you don't waste time doing math.)
Here are the rules:
- Only full range of motion reps count.
- Pull-Ups are the only bodyweight exercises allowed (use your body weight as the weight for the exercise).
- Lift free weights and dumbbells as much as possible to keep things universal.
- When using dumbbells, count the total weight lifted. If you're doing a Dumbbell Bench Press with 50 pounds, you count 100 pounds toward your total (2×50 pounds).
- Start the clock on your first rep and end the workout in exactly 60 minutes.