Every week, a new STACK Challenge gives you an opportunity to test your athletic ability and win a STACK T-shirt. Take the challenge and enter to win by tweeting your results with #STACKChallenge.
Mike Boyle’s 10/10 Treadmill Challenge is a quick way to test your athletic conditioning—the rare mix of endurance and lower-body strength that leads to success on the field.
Set the treadmill to 10 mph at a 10-percent incline. Hop on and run for as long as possible. When you need to get off, grab the rails and lift yourself off the treadmill. Stay safe by taking the following precautions:
- Hold the rails and cycle your feet while getting onto the treadmill.
- Lift yourself off the treadmill as soon as you get tired. Don’t try to hang on for another couple seconds.
- Complete the test near a friend who can stop the treadmill if things start to get dangerous. You can also hit the safety switch yourself to stop the treadmill if you start to fall off.
- If you do fall, let go of the handles. Falling on the ground will hurt much less than burning yourself on the treadmill belt.
Run for as long as possible on a treadmill at 10 mph and 10 percent incline.
How Do You STACK Up?
Rookie: Under 1 minute
Pro: 1-2 minutes
All-Star: More than 2 minutes
How to Win a STACK T-Shirt
- Complete the Challenge by May 18
- Follow STACK on Twitter (@stackmedia)
- Tweet your results and include #STACKChallenge
Not an All-Star yet? Use these exercises and workouts to get better.