The 2016-17 NBA season is only a week away, and most fans are excited to watch their teams play the first game. But Memphis Grizzlies guard Vince Carter has fans already thinking about the 2017 Dunk Contest.
During an interview on wedontbluff.net, Carter said he thinks he could still compete in a dunk contest.
"It's possible. I don't know if I'd win, but I think I'd make it interesting, to say the least," said Carter.
If you don't think Vinsanity would be able to compete in the dunk contest, you might want to think again. At a recent Grizzlies practice, the 39-year-old was caught performing a nasty windmill dunk, showing that he can still get air.
Vince Carter Windmilling with ease at age 39 pic.twitter.com/Eol062AUfB
— Overtime (@overtime) October 14, 2016
The real question is whether Carter could win. He would most likely being going up against the two top young dunking machines in the league, Minnesota Timberwolves guard Zach LaVine and Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon. They brought the dunk contest back to life last year, but adding Carter to the mix might help the upcoming contest rival that of the 1988 duel between Michael Jordan and Dominique Wilkins.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock