Raven Magwood's The 7 Practices of Exceptional Student Athletes is insightful, helpful and motivating. Student-athletes are busy enough with school, practice, games, meets, homework, training, family and friends. Here are six reasons why you should sit down and read this book:
- Like all successful student-athletes, Raven practices what she preaches. She has been both an exceptional student and an exceptional athlete. Raven is a former national gymnastic champion, state track and field titleholder, graduated at the top of her high school class, finished college at age 18, and is now an inspirational writer and motivational speaker.
- By the end of Raven's book, you feel like you know her. She shares embarrassing moments, mistakes and challenges, which lets you, the reader, identify with her and relate her 7 practices to your own life.
- The book reads like a casual conversation. Raven's informal style and approach add energy and humor to the otherwise serious subject of self-betterment.
- The book is short—barely over 100 pages. You can finish it in a day, two days tops.
- Raven helps time-crunched student-athletes by ending each chapter with practice points, which are great to reference when you're struggling with one of Raven's 7 Practices. Instead of rereading the entire chapter, you can flip to the end of the chapter and focus on the practice points.
- Raven knows her reader well: she supplements her advice with comics, short quizzes and famous athletes quotes, including the "Top 10 Stupid Sports Quotes." and short quizzes
You can purchase The 7 Practices of Exceptional Student Athletes on Raven Magwood's website.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock