Different detoxes and cleanses continually seem to be popping up in the news. Try to remember just because it’s the latest, newest, or never heard of before does not make it the most extraordinary thing—especially when done by a professional athlete or celebrity. Panchakarma cleanse the case in point.
What is Panchakarma?
Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers added this to his training arsenal. Rodgers recently finished the cleanse called Panchakarma. It is an Ayurvedic healing practice that focuses on healing and rejuvenating a person’s health and wellbeing. It is an individual’s discovery to awaken their senses through cleansing, diet, and mediation. It balances the mind, body, and spirit.
Sounds great, right? However, there are always some questionable practices that occur in these treatments. And, mainly, it always comes down to the cleanses and detox parts.
An Ayurvedic Panchakarma or PK is a detoxing program with long-lasting health benefits. Panchakarma in Sanskrit means’ five actions’, which are integral to the ayurvedic process of purifying the body.
- Vamana: therapeutic vomiting or emesis
- Virechan: purgation
- Basti: enema
- Nasya: elimination of toxins through the nose
- Rakta Moksha: detoxification of the blood
Rodger’s cleanse, which questions health guidelines, consisted of 12 days, and the treatment can last up to 21 days. For instance, Rodger’s cleansing included drinking two ounces of warm ghee in the morning and taking herbal laxatives at night. Ghee is clarified butter made by melting the butter and skimming the fat milk solids. The main problem with using laxatives and ghee (which acts as a laxative) is that it causes dehydration and a loss of water and electrolytes.
It is always great to discover your inner self and senses as Rodgers accomplished. The implementation of meditation will do that; not vomiting and use laxatives. However, the spiritual side to vomiting and running to the bathroom is to release toxins and expel the negativity held in your body. A small amount of scientific evidence shows detoxes and cleanses remove toxins. But there is proof that diet does. Your nutrition and the foods you eat significantly impact detoxing your body and decreasing oxidative stress.
You don’t need to do any unique, complicated questionable processes. If you want to cleanse or detox, do it naturally.
Natural Cleanse Guide
- Limit your consumption of alcohol. About 90% of alcohol affects your liver. Drinking too much leads to liver damage or overworking it. When this occurs, your liver can develop inflammation and fat deposits.
- Reduce your sugar intake and eat fewer processed foods. Again, consuming these foods affects your liver developing fat deposits. Also, the breakdown of certain foods, like sugar and artificial flavors and preservatives, can leave a chemtrail for your body to filter. Unfortunately, it often can’t so it pushes it aside and stores it.
- Change your diet and eat anti-inflammatory and antioxidant foods. These types of food prevent damage from happening and can eliminate toxins.
- Exercise. Exercise moves toxins into the lymphatic system, where the lymphatic system expels them.
If you follow these four things, your organs like your kidneys, intestines, and lungs, for example, will work adequately to filter toxins out of your body. And as you eat better, you will lose fat naturally.
You should know that toxins and chemicals get stored in your fat cells. So often, you have to lose fat-weight to break down fats and discharge the toxins from your body. For this reason, eating a diet high in antioxidants is essential. As toxins are broken down and released into the bloodstream, the antioxidants protect the cells. And at the same time, trap and eliminate the toxins.
So, there is a significant difference between vomiting and using laxatives that causes a loss of water weight that presents danger versus losing fat.