Looking for a grueling Shoulder Press workout?
Well, look no further. This will absolutely bury your shoulders and leave you with that fire in your arms that just keeps on burning!
Here is how to do it:
- Set up a bench that allows you to sit straight up. You'll want your back to be supported for this.
- Grab 2 dumbbells and pick a weight that will challenge you for 20 reps. I used 25's. Yes, I'd go that light if this is your first time.
- Perform 8 reps of Shoulder Press.
- At the top of rep 8, hold your arms straight over your head with your arms completely extended for 10 seconds.
- Go right back to performing another 8 reps and again hold at the top for 10 seconds.
Keep repeating this for 8 rounds without rest. Well, at least that's the goal.
I won't lie to you. My first attempt at this, I was only able to go for 6 rounds. When I tried again a few days later, I got to 7 rounds and had to drop the weights yet again.
Finally the next week I was able to complete 8 rounds with smooth reps.
What happened? My anaerobic capacity and muscular endurance increased!
What's so good about that? Well, first of all, my shoulders are looking bigger than they were before. Second, I'm able to perform better Bench Presses, Push-Ups and other movements that require my shoulders to stay stable and strong. In addition, I challenged my mental toughness. Trust me, you are going to want to drop the weights after about 5 rounds. Stay focused, keep your form right and press through this!
Before I go, let me say that 25 pounds was good for me. That doesn't mean you should automatically pick 25's. Choose a weight that is safe for you and keep your form perfect!
For more free workouts like this, follow me on social! I always reply to comments!
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock