- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent, holding a barbell in front of you
- Push your butt back to initiate the movement
- Slide the barbell along the front of your legs as you move
- Lower the weight to about mid-shin
- Push through your feet to return to the upright position
Coaching Points: Keep your back flat and knees slightly bent // Do not allow your hips to sink // Increase weight for each set
Barlow: "A lot of times you'll see people turn the RDL into a Squat, where they just squat the weight down. Pretend there's a dowel going through your hips and you're keeping your hips up high and rotating on that dowel all the way through."
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock