- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and the Keiser machine to your right
- Extend your left arm to grasp the cable handle
- Use your right hand to grasp the second cable close to your chest
- Squat about a quarter of the way down
- Simultaneously press your right arm forward and pull your left arm back as you push yourself back to standing
- Return hands to the start position. That's one rep; perform five, then switch your grip (left arm pressing, right arm pulling).
Sets/Reps: 3×5 each direction
Coaching Points: Keep your feet shoulder-width apart // Drive with your legs to initiate movement
Barlow: "Good for building core strength and power while learning how to use everything together—the hips, shoulders and core to push the weight."
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock