American short track speed skater Apolo Ohno has long been a household name. Even if you don't follow sports, it's hard to miss him—between his eight Winter Olympics medals, Subway Famous Fan and Dancing With The Stars appearances. But no matter how well-known, everyone has their secrets, even Ohno. While he was in London for the 2012 Summer Games, STACK caught up with America's most decorated Winter Olympian and found out five undiscovered facts about him:
- His idol: "My dad has always been a pretty big influence in my life, so [my idol's] always been my dad."
- If he were not a speed skater: "Hopefully I would be involved in sports in some capacity. I'm a big fan of Olympic sports, and just sports in general. So I would want to do some kind of broadcasting or producing of some show. I love sports, I love everything involving them."
- In the weight room: "I used to be able to Leg Press around 2,000 pounds about two years ago. I tell people, and they say, 'Is that even possible?' It came from daily training."
- Most random talent: "I'm really good at impressions. I can do voices really well. I don't know my go-to impression; it depends on my mood, but I'm pretty good at [accents]."
- If he could be anyone else: "I'd like to know what it's like to live in David Beckham's shoes. Just for like a week. I met him recently and I saw the type of reception he gets when he goes places. It's a phenomenon, kind of crazy. It' s borderline a little scary."
Photo credit: apoloantonohno.com
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock