Last Wednesday, Ubisoft announced release dates for three installments of "The Tyranny of King Washington," a single-player downloadable adventure for Assassin's Creed III. You'll be able to download the first chapter, "The Infamy," on Feb. 19. "The Tyranny of King Washington" imagines an alternate world in which George Washington is a power-hungry tyrant who crowns himself king of the early United States. To defeat King Washington, protagonist Ratonhnhaké:ton needs new special powers. According to a blog post on the game's official site, these are:
- Power of the Bear - Fills Ratonhnhaké:ton with the strength and fury of the mighty bear
- Power of the Eagle - Delivers a burst of speed, empowering Ratonhnhaké:ton with blinding agility
- Power of the Wolf - Adopts the master camouflage of the wolf, rendering Ratonhnhaké:ton undetectable
- Warpaint - A symbol of power and courage enhancing Ratonhnhaké:ton's prowess
- Alpha of the Pack - Allows Ratonhnhaké:ton to command a brotherhood of fearsome and ruthless wolves
You read that correctly. You can control wolves! Who needs a hidden blade? The DLC will be split into three episodes: "The Infamy," dropping on Feb. 19; "The Betrayal," coming out March 19; and "The Redemption," releasing April 23.
Subscribers to the Assassin's Creed III Season Pass can purchase the trilogy for $29.99 or 2,400 points on Xbox Live. Each standalone episode is $9.99 or 800 points. Meantime, enjoy the teaser trailer below.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock