After more than a year of anticipation, trash talk and drama, Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones will face off against Rashad Evans in the Octagon this Saturday, April 21, headlining UFC 145 in Atlanta.
The action-packed main card includes:
- Jon Jones (#1 Light Heavyweight) vs. Rashad Evans (#2 Light Heavyweight)
- Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
- Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
- Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
- John Alessio vs. Mark Bocek
- Michael McDonald vs. Miguel Torres
Although the main card features big names like Rory MacDonald, Brendan Schaub, Ben Rothwell and Mark Hominick, all eyes will be on the main event this Saturday. Jones and Evans have a long history, having once shared a trainer. The trainer eventually left Evans to train exclusively with Jones, and the two fighters have been at each other’s throats ever since. UFC 145 represents the culmination of more than a year of bad blood, as the two former teammates will do everything they can to exploit the other’s weaknesses.
Catch the whole event with your buddies by tuning in to the preliminary cards at 7 p.m. EDT on UFC’s Facebook page and at 8 p.m. EDT on FX. The undercard has some strong talent in the form of former TUF fighters Mac Danzig and Efrain Escudero. Other fighters to keep an eye on include Michael McDonald and Miguel Torres. The prelims will feature:
- Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage
- Chris Clements vs. Keith Wisniewski
- Chad Griggs vs. Travis Browne
- Stephen Thompson vs. Matt Brown
- Anthony Njokuani vs. John Makdessi
- Efrain Escudero vs. Mac Danzig
UFC 145 is shaping up to be an event worth paying for. Don’t miss the Pay-Per-View main event, starting at 10 p.m. EDT.