[brightcove video=”1231030620001″ /]
Like most STACKletes, we have sorely missed professional hoops. To celebrate their return, we want to share some ball-handling drills performed by former Kentucky Wildcat superstar and soon-to-be-official Detroit Piston Brandon Knight.
Ball-handling is an essential component of any basketball player’s game, regardless of position, but especially for speedy point guards like Brandon Knight. You have to be able to hesitate, pull back the dribble and strike at the defense without losing your handle under pressure. Those who plink the ball off their foot and turn it over can look forward to a cold, hard seat awaiting them on the bench.
Next time you hit the gym, incorporate Brandon Knight’s ball-handling drills to improve your game.
Ball-Handling Drills With Brandon Knight
- Start dribbling two basketballs at same time
- Dribble once and cross balls to opposite hand
- Pick up speed and cross on every dribble
- Dribble balls in opposite direction, progressing to same direction
- Dribble balls between legs in alternating fashion
- Dribble ball against wall as fast as possible
Don’t forget to work on your jumper, too!