The NBA season is an absolute grind. When you play 7 or 8 pre-season games, 82 regular season games, and between 12 and 28 playoff games, rest is hard to come by. That means recovery is of the utmost importance. Check out the following recipe for a high-quality recovery shake that’ll help you build muscle and stay strong throughout your season—from Cleveland Cavaliers team chef Terry Bell.
The players down this shake after intense workouts, games and practices to kickstart their recovery. It has a great blend of protein, carbs and amino acids to help the body rebuild.
Cavs Rebuild ‘n Recover Shake
- 1 scoop of protein powder (preferably whey)
- 1 tbsp. of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of organic granola (preferably chocolate-flavored)
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Approximate Nutrition Info
- 31 grams of protein
- 40 grams of carbs
- 5.5 grams of fiber
- 70% of your daily calcium
- 15% of your daily iron