The STACK Exercise of the Week will help you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility. This week we highlight Chain Push-Ups, an exercise that builds upper-body strength and power.
Who’s Doing It
- Paul Rabil, MLL All-Star midfielder
- Increases chest and shoulder strength and power
Sports Performance Benefits
Chain Push-Ups are an advanced version of regular Push-Ups that increase the challenge to your chest and other upper-body muscles. The move is similar to the Bench Press, because you push against a resistance, but it works a more natural range of motion and places less stress on your shoulders while simultaneously challenging your core.
Chain Push-Ups How To
- Kneel on the ground and have a partner load chains onto your back in a criss-cross pattern.
- Perform Push-Ups for specified reps.
- If fatigued during the set, signal your partner to remove a chain.
- Keep your core tight and back straight
- Position your elbows at a 45-degree angle
- Keep your chin down