If you are like most people, you spend most of your days sitting in a cubicle or an office with your only exercise being a trip to the bathroom. This constant sitting literally takes years off your life. Although the gym may be only a couple of minutes away, it can seem like a hundred miles when you're stuck inside. But don't fret, I have come up with a perfect solution. I call this workout the Co-Worker Drop. All you need are some co-workers who are willing to play along.
If you have the Strength Stack 52 fitness cards, just follow the card games instructions here.
Goal: To get the most points by catching other players using drop words.
The Co-Worker Drop Game
- Determine who will be playing the game. The more players who are involved, the more interesting the game becomes.
- Designate one person as the lead player. He or she will organize the emails and tally points. A formal meeting is not necessary, but an email must go out to all players informing them of the drop words.
- A drop word is determined by each player and can be anything typically heard in the office—e.g., "keyboard" or "meeting." Common words like "of" and "and" are not allowed.
- Once all the players have selected their drop words, the players email their words to the leader along with a bodyweight exercise, like Push-Ups, Sit-Ups or Wall Sits, that must be performed when that drop word is said.
- The leader sends an email to all players informing them of the drop words, the exercises associated with each word, and the rep count for each exercise.
- Once the email is sent, the game begins. It doesn't end until the end of the work day (or a time determined by the leader).
- For the remainder of the game, whenever a player hears or sees another player use a drop word (either verbally or in writing), the violator must perform its related exercise.
- The player witnessing the violation must inform the violator within 10 seconds. You cannot go up to a violator three hours later.
- If you hear a player use your drop word, you get 3 points. If you hear a player use someone else's drop word, you get 1 point.
- You must actually hear a player using your drop word in order to get 3 points.
As a variation, you could have all the players determine drop words for people not playing. Then, whenever a non-player uses a drop word, all the players must do an exercise. There are lots of other variations, so get creative.
By performing random exercises throughout the day, you will increase your metabolic rate. This will help you be more attentive at work, and the workday will go by much faster. Give it a try!
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock