If you've competed in grueling CrossFit competitions locally or nationally, you have a good understanding of the importance of leg workouts. Not only must you have the leg strength to grind out some of the larger prescribed weight workouts, you also need the motor and muscular leg endurance to push through until the end.
CrossFit leg workouts need to be paired with metabolic work, so I've put together a routine that includes a metabolic and lactic acid tester on the bike, strength training with loaded barbell Back Squats, and explosive movements with Box Jumps.
For this workout, you will need a box, a barbell loaded with weight and an Airdyne bike.
You may have to push through the fatigue and fight through the reps. If you can't maintain perfect form, you should stop the challenge.
Complete 5 rounds of each:
- 30-second sprint on an Airdyne bike
- Barbell Back Squat
- 10 reps at 50% of your one-rep max (1RM)
- Box Jumps
- 10 reps at 24 inches for men, 20 inches for women
- Understanding CrossFit Terminology
- Paleo-Friendly Meals for CrossFit Athletes
- How Athletes Can Safely Incorporate CrossFit Into Their Workouts
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock