You’re facing a towering attacker who is killing cross-court shots at an alarming rate. Rather than being defensive on defense, you must be aggressive and attack the ball. How? By executing the Drop and Drive movement.
- Assume Two-Triangle Stance, keeping back flat with arms extended straight and palms up
- Drop outside foot back and shuffle toward sideline, keeping eyes on opposing attacker while holding arms out straight and palms up
- Drive forward to make play, sliding arms together to create platform
- Aim high and toward middle of floor to bump ball
Base to Release Drill
Perfect the Drop and Drive movement by performing the Base to Release defensive drill.
- Assume start position in middle of court with coach in front of net
- As coach bounces ball, execute Drop and Drive movement toward sideline
- As coach spikes ball, play ball and return to starting position