Do you feel like a hamster on a wheel every time you hop on a treadmill? EPIC has a tricked-out machine for you. Available at Dick’s Sporting Goods, The state-of-the-art line of Epic treadmills includes machines with features like:
- An interactive and Wi-Fi-enabled platform called iFit, which uses Google maps so you can pull up a running route from anywhere in the world then adjusts to mirror the incline/decline of the actual terrain.
- A competition feature (we love it!), which allows users to race friends and challengers in the iFit community.
- Consoles that allow you to do way more than change the incline. You can use it to browse your email, check Facebook and stream videos. Just don’t fall!
- Motion sensors and extra safety features that shut down the machine when pets or small kids approach.
- Customizable settings that adjust workouts for personal stats like height or weight.
- Better cushioning for firmer push-offs and less impact on knees.
- The EPIC Rewards Program, offering bonuses (everything from trainer tips, free tune-ups and discounts at Dick’s), based on the number of miles you run.
The EPIC Treadmill is a favorite of celebrity trainer, Lacey Stone, who says, “[I love that] the whole body is working, from your core to your heart to your butt. You can really improve your cardiovascular fitness on a treadmill. It is like no other piece of equipment. I love the motivation of these treadmills. The mapping especially keeps you inspired.”
Recently, Stone and EPIC put together an Event Challenge that pitted members of the media against trainers in a mash-up of Stone’s treadmill workouts. (Train for domination with Stone’s Interval Workout, first featured on wellandgoodnyc.com.) We’re proud to announce that our STACK colleague, Emily Chambers, a marketing manager in our New York office, smoked all contenders with a time of 7:20 in the interval workout, winning herself a new EPIC Treadmill. Way to go, Emily!
EPIC offers bikes, ellipticals and treadmills ranging from $400 to $2,200. You can find Epic treadmills at Dick’s.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU