The STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
BOSU Med Ball Rotational Throws
Who Does It
Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay Rays 3B
Sports Performance Benefits
Performing a Med Ball Rotational Throw while standing on an unstable surface enhances your balance and helps you maintain control of your body when making an explosive movement. The exercise also improves rotational strength, which will increase your hitting and throwing power.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart on top of a BOSU disc with a partner standing 6 t 10 feet in front of you.
- Lower into a half squat.
- Catch a med ball thrown by your partner and rotate your torso to your left.
- Rotate your torso back to the center and throw the med ball back to your partner.
- Repeat with your opposite side and continue in alternating fashion for the specified number of reps.
Sets/Reps: 3x10 each side
- Maintain a squat position on the BOSU ball.
- Keep your core tight to maintain balance.
- Keep your knees in line with your hips and ankles.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock