Focusing on your child’s weight is not an indicator of good health. If your child is experiencing obesity, then your child’s weight is an issue. But what is the cause of obesity is the question? Weight only becomes an indicator in two ways, malnutrition and being too thin restricting food or obesity consuming too much. Therefore, if you focus on eating the correct foods, health and weight will be naturally attained, whether obese, thin, or athletics. Healthy nutritional habits are the answer.
Educate Your Child About Health
Your child is not going to know what is healthy or not. You have to show them. They will take their cues from what they see daily from friends, professional athletes, marketing and advertising, and TV. So, it is up to you to explain what are healthy habits. Many things we see are not so healthy. Tik-Tok is a perfect example. You need to show more good models like Tom Brady, Kevin Love, and Dak Prescott, who eat really well and have incredible performances on the field. Associate nutrition and health with superior performance as perception, and you will have a winner.
Develop Your Child’s Perception and Image
You can’t avoid advertising. It is a billion-dollar industry. They make sure they are seen and heard. So, the best solution is educating about perception. It is easy to fall into developing false ideas and self-imagery that are unhealthy. The fitness and health industry do just that. They promote either big muscles or being super thin as the best approach. Maybe it is, but the road to attainment is not. The road often leads to a detrimental process that harms the body. Explain to your child that perception is a state of mind and that the best way to health is to feel good.
Teach Your Child about Food and Eating Well
One way to teach your child to be healthy is by preparing their food. Also, sitting down to eat with them is essential too. Explain to them how the food they are eating produces energy, and that energy is needed to play sport, for school, or for whatever it may be. It is easier to show, do, and feel so they can understand best. Also, eating well will maintain their weight naturally.
Avoid Dieting and Diets
Don’t show your kids how to restrict food. Instead, teach them to eat every three hours. Teach them about hunger and that they do not need to eat when they are always hungry. You will always be hungry an hour after you eat. Explain to them that everyone has a different and personal metabolism. And if they are hungry, teach them to reach for a healthy snack like a banana.
Let your child know that exercise is a form of health that helps maintain their weight and prevent disease. Your child can specialize in specific exercises and forms of training. First, however, make sure they are running around and playing and having fun. That is the best form of exercise.
Follow these simple tips to help your child understand health and weight.
- Teach them to start the day off right by eating breakfast and how it is the most important meal of the day. It will feed their body, muscles, and brain with energy.
- Let your kids plan and prepare lunches and dinners with you. This way, you can show them healthy foods and correct the bad ones.
- Take them food shopping with you. This is an excellent way to show them the right and the wrong foods.
- Always eat together. You become a role model when your child sees you eating the same food as you.
- Teach your child that they don’t have to eat until they can’t eat anymore. Show them how eating and meals work. Let them know that being somewhat hungry after a meal is ok and do not need to eat constantly.
- Teach your child about vegetables, nuts, grains, and fruits.
- Have your child drink plenty of water. Tell them why water is essential to drink.
- Teach your child to eat every three hours. Try to develop their metabolic clock, so they understand when to eat.
Creating healthy habits is the best way to teach your child to live better and stay healthy. The best time to learn is when they are young. You know the expression, bad habits are hard to break, well so are good ones that are practiced through time. There are too many distractions in the health industry that lead to unhealthy lifestyles. Protect your child from it and educate your child about how it is destructive. Show them good and positive marketing and information to follow. Education and practical application are the best ways to develop their health.