Sweatbands are essential pieces of gear for any athlete. Worn on the head, they keep sweat from dripping into your eyes and affecting your vision. Worn on the wrists, they protect your grip from sweat running down your arms. Unfortunately, sweatbands often go missing, either forgotten on the court or lost in the wash. Instead of buying new ones, make your own sweatbands using basic craft supplies.
Homemade Sweatband Supplies
- Measuring tape
- Thick stretch jersey fabric
- Straight pins
- Sewing needle
Homemade Sweatband Instructions
- To determine the length of your sweatbands, measure the circumference of your head and wrists.
- Cut two pieces of thick jersey fabric for the wrist sweatbands. Measure the fabric to equal 4″ x your wrist measurement.
- Cut a piece of thick jersey fabric for the head sweatband. Measure the fabric to equal 4″ x your head measurement.
- Fold each piece of fabric width-wise, keeping the right sides together. Sew along the long edges using thread and needle.
- Turn the forms right side out. Sew the raw edges together to create a set of two wrist sweatbands and one head sweatband.
- Trim excess thread.