Making one little modification to your curl routine can produce not only bulging biceps, but also Popeye-like grip strength.
"We do the Zotman Curl where we rotate it back out to get some forearm strength into it," says Greg Vandermade, head strength and conditioning coach at Cal State Fullerton University.
The Titans used the Zotman Curl to help improve their grip strength and ultimately compile a batting average above .300 on their way to the 2008 Super Regional.
• Begin holding dumbbells at sides with palms in supine position
• Curl both dumbbells toward shoulders
• At top of curl, rotate dumbbells until palms are pronated
• Lower dumbbells to sides and turn palms back to start position
• Repeat for specified reps
Coaching Points: Keep elbows close to body // Rotate wrists for an overhand grip on the way down // Lower weight slowly back to start position // Keep back straight and head up throughout exercise
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock