New York—site of the annual ING New York City Marathon—boasts a large and colorful constituency of fervent running enthusiasts, from beginners to weekend warriors to professionals. And all were welcome at the first-ever JackRabbit Sports New York City Running Show, held in April at the Metropolitan Pavilion in Chelsea.
JackRabbit Sports is a running and triathlon company with three store locations in the Big Apple. At the Running Show, exhibitors' shoes and gear abounded, making the Show a fertile oasis for runners and triathletes.
The overriding theme this year was minimalist shoe running [learn more about minimalist shoe training here]. [If you're curious about minimalist/barefoot running, read STACK's take on one of the top brands in minimalist shoes.]
Here's a brief rundown of some of the latest running shoes. Check them out, then hit up your local sporting goods store and try out a pair of new kicks for some STACK-inspired spring and summer training.
- Saucony debuted their new Hattori minimalist running shoe
- Brooks showed off their sustainable shoe, the Green Silence, and their new T7 Racer
- Vibram offered their FiveFingers—a well-known minimalist running show—and Bikila, which offers a closed lace system
- New Balance displayed their minimalist line of shoes, including NB Minimus Road and Minimus Trail
- K-Swiss featured their hot new models, Blade-Light Race and Blade-Light Run
- adidas showcased their Clima Cool Ride model [read a detailed report on the shoe]
- Mizuno's collection included the Mizuno Wave Prophecy
- Zoot Sports exhibited their line of shoes, geared for triathletes.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock