Finding new, creative and safe ways to increase your competitive prowess in a strength and conditioning program is crucial to success. No need to limit complexes to barbells and dumbbells. You can use a steel plate for a finisher.
Plate Push Finishers and their variations are arguably one of the best ways to challenge specific energy systems and encourage teamwork, creativity and competitiveness.
Benefits of Plate Push Finishers
- Engage every muscle in the body.
- Force ankle mobility.
- Manipulate and force shoulder stability.
- Develop wrist, grip and forearm strength.
- Activate the glutes.
- Teach the proper form for knee drive.
- Help you fight fatigue when running.
- Boost lower-body endurance.
- Crush your metabolism at the end of a training session.
- To top it all off, you feel the beautiful sensation of burning quadriceps.
RELATED: 3 Exercises to Finish Strong
- Plate Push Finishers do not replace The Prowler or any other exercise they’re paired with. They work together with the Prowler to take your training to a higher level.
- If you want to perform Plate Push Finishers specific to your sport, know the distance you want to cover and set the cones to that distance. The longer the distance, the harder it will be, depending on your muscular power and cardiovascular endurance.
- When performing Plate Pushes on a gym floor, make sure the floor is freshly swept so the exercise goes off without a hitch.
- Place the plate on the smooth side of any surface you are using.
- Place your hands in a comfortable position on the sides, behind the mid-line of the plate.
- Get low in a sprinter’s start position.
- Position yourself behind the plate with your arms locked out and your shoulders behind, not over, the plate.
- Contract your core by engaging in a draw-in technique.
- Drive your knees and have quick feet.
Plate Push Finishers
4-Cone Plate Push to Sprint
[youtube video=”B9cTZfDCTiw” /]
5-Cone Plate Push to Sprint
[youtube video=”OGmaz-S2S_s” /]
2-Cone Cut to Diagonal Plate Push
[youtube video=”yITYAlSl9w8″ /]
Inside Plate Push to Lay Up
[youtube video=”re6CqUkCl_c” /]