Almost all athletes have a sweet tooth. You can be as dedicated to sound nutrition as anyone, but cravings are sure to strike. If you can forgo something sweet, this protein pudding is your solution. You can make it in less than 15 minutes, and it’s a healthier option than any pudding you’ll find in the grocery store. The protein powder you choose will determine the flavor.
RELATED: 5 Protein-Packed Recovery Shakes
You can have protein pudding first thing in the morning, post-workout, or even before bed. It’s a lower-calorie and lower-sugar option than other things you find in the sweets aisle.
RELATED: Why Protein Is Important for Athletes
- 1 scoop protein powder (flavor of your choice). I use Iso Lean Pro by Labrada Nutrition
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Mix the protein powder with 1 cup of water and bring to a simmer in a non-stick pot over medium heat.
- Mix the corn starch with 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Stir until it’s dissolved and add it to the pot with your protein mixture.
- Stir until it reaches desired thickness.
- Store in the fridge to cool and thicken more
- Serve cold once it’s reached your desired thickness. For extra sweetness, mix in tablespoon of Stevia.
Bonus Idea. If you have two flavors of protein powder, make two batches of pudding and put them both in a glass with whatever topping you choose to make a parfait.
The calories, protein, carbs, and fat will be determined by the protein powder you use.