Tired of doing the same old military style Push-Ups? If you are focusing on a bodyweight workout program, they can get boring and mundane pretty quickly—especially when you start ripping out over 30 reps.
Change things up. Keep your workouts fun and exciting with Push-Up variations.
The advanced Push-Up variations below will offer a new challenge to your chest muscles by targeting them from different angles to ensure continued gains in strength and size. Plus, you will also work your core and shoulder stabilizer muscles to remain balanced and stable during these difficult moves.
If you can easily perform 30 or more Push-Ups, start working on the variations below.
- Crawl forward on the ground and perform a Push-Up with your knee at your elbow
- Take a step forward on the opposite side and repeat
- Continue in this pattern
- Explosively launch your upper body into the air and clap your hands mid-air
- Land with soft elbows and immediately repeat
- Assume push-up position with your hands on a physioball
- Perform push-ups, keeping core tight to maintain balance
- Assume a tripod position with legs spread wide and hand directly beneath chest
- Perform push-ups, using opposite hand for extra support if needed
- Lower into push-up and touch toe to opposite elbow
- Rise out of push-up and repeat on opposite side
Find even more variations in STACK’s Push-Up Guide. Make sure to check out my blogs and like us at www.facebook.com/showupfitness.