As the winter sports season winds down, it’s time to get ready for America’s favorite pastime. For all you ballplayers out there, STACK recently released the latest in its series of elite training books.
Baseball Training is a compilation of 10 workouts performed by top Major League ballplayers, all of whom were featured in the pages of STACK magazine. Each chapter contains a complete workout, exercise descriptions and full color images of some of our favorite diamond stars.
Focused on improving rotational strength and explosive power? Check out the chapter on former American League MVP Dustin Pedroia. Want to enhance lower body strength and agility? Turn to the chapter on Detroit Tigers’ Cy Young winner Justin Verlander. Whatever your goals, this book has you covered with the training you will need to get ready for the season.
Other pro athletes featured in Baseball Training:
• Building stabilizing strength with Carl Crawford
• Strength building with Derrek Lee
• Eric Chavez’s prehab and strength training
• Jeff Francoeur’s bat speed and power training
• Off-season training and hitting progression with Jimmy Rollins
• Johan Santana’s lower body, core and flexibility training
• Core, rotator cuff and weight training with Justin Morneau
• David Wright’s on-field skill development
For any baseball player looking to take his game to the next level and gain an edge on his opponents, this is a must-have resource—and I’m not just saying that ’cause my name is listed among the contributing writers.