STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
Roll Over Stomps to Floor
Who Does It
Paul Rabil, Major League Lacrosse All-Star midfielder
Sports Performance Benefits
This exercise increases your ability to explosively generate force through the lower body and core to power an upper-body movement, directly improving any sports skill involving your upper body, including shooting a lacrosse ball, swinging a racquet or bat, or throwing a baseball.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart holding a moderately heavy med ball in front of your hips.
- Bend your hips and knees to lower into a quarter squat.
- Raise the med ball overhead through a half circle motion to the side. Extend your hips and knees and rise up on your toes as the med ball travels overhead.
- Slam the ball straight down on the ground.
- Catch the ball off the bounce and repeat to the opposite side.
- Continue in an alternating fashion for the specified number of reps.
Sets/Reps: 3-4×4 each side
- Explode up through your hips, knees and ankles.
- Use momentum to slam the ball to the ground.
- Keep your lower back stable throughout the movement.
Perform Glute Raise With Twist and Reach Back between sets (demonstrated in video).