On Friday and Saturday, March 2 and 3, STACK will attend the University of Tennessee Strength and Conditioning Coaches Clinic and Athlete Development Camp in Knoxville. The clinic will update S&C professionals on the latest cutting-edge techniques on how to improve athletes' performance. Young athletes will also have opportunities to learn how to take their performance to the next level.
On "Football Friday," prominent collegiate and professional strength coaches will hold forth on football in-season, off-season and summer training. Essentially, attendees will come away with a full-year program that can be implemented with any football team. Speakers are to include:
- Doug Davis — Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, Kent State University
- Duane Carlisle — Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, Purdue University
- Ron McKeefery — Director of Strength & Conditioning, University of Tennessee
- Joe Kenn — Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, Carolina Panthers
"Strength Saturday" will feature industry leading strength coaches who will share their experiences and advice on the best methods for improving strength, power, speed, flexibility, nutrition and balance. Speakers will include:
- Rich Lansky — Owner, Optimum Performance Training
- Robert dos Remedios — Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, College of the Canyons
- Loren Seagrave — Director of Speed & Movement, IMG Performance Institute
- Gray Cook — Founder, Functional Movement Systems
- Rob Taylor — Director of Sports Performance, Gordon Institute/Smarter Team Training
- Ethan Reeve — Director of Strength & Conditioning, Wake Forest University
Also on Saturday, the University of Tennessee strength staff—including STACK Expert Grant Geib—will host a Strength and Conditioning Camp for Athletes, offering athletes in grades seven through 12 a chance to learn the fundamentals of strength, speed, power and quickness development. We encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity to discover performance-enhancing techniques and strategies in use at the next level.
Visit Tennessee Sport Camps for more information on the program and how to sign up. S&C coaches: please introduce yourself to Andy Haley, who will be representing STACK at the clinic.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock