It is summer time, and if you’re like me, you like testing your conditioning. But with summer comes adventure, vacation and a lot of family time. More often than not, you may find yourself wondering, “How can I really get after it in a short amount of time?”
You’ve come to the right place, my friends. This workout will leave you out of breath and wanting more.
This week’s workout is a simple combination of Burpees with Push-ups (either you love them or hate them) and one of my favorite exercises, Kettlebell Swings.
Exercise 1: Burpee with Push-Up
Burpees are quite possibly the most hated exercise, but for good reason.
1. Burpees are great for increasing overall conditioning
2. You can easily complement any exercise with it to make it harder (e.g., the Push-Up combined with the Burpee)
3. You will burn a ton of calories with each Burpee you perform!
Exercise 2: Kettlebell Swings
Some call Kettlebell Swings the perfect exercise for many reasons. Here’s a few.
1. It is a great way to build your posterior chain and your abdominal muscles in one dynamic movement.
2. It helps build your aerobic and anaerobic capacity.
3. You will burn a ton of calories doing them! A study conducted by the American Council on Exercise (ACE) states that the average kettlebell workout burns up to 20 calories per minute.
Watch for overextension on the Hip Thrust, which will result in lower-back pain.
The combination may be simple but the execution is anything but.
- 50 – Burpees with Push-ups
- 25 – Kettlebell Swings
- 40 – Burpees with Push-ups
- 20 – Kettlebell Swings
- 30 – Burpees with Push-ups
- 15 – Kettlebell Swings
- 20 – Burpees w/ Push-ups
- 10 – Kettlebell Swings
- 10 – Burpees with Push-ups
- 5 – Kettlebell Swings
Now get after it!
One-Hundred and fifty Burpees with Push-Ups and 75 Kettlebell Swings WILL be completed FOR TIME.
This workout can take anywhere between 10 to 25 minutes. Let me know what you think!
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for more!
Photo Credit: Thomas_EyeDesign/iStock