Sometimes you train for performance. Other times, you train to look jacked. File this workout, which I developed last year, under that latter category. I was preparing for a photoshoot and came up with this routine to hit every part of my chest. It's fast, it's efficient, and it'll make your chest pop out of your shirt—for real.
- Set up the entire workout before you begin; that makes the workout go faster.
- Perform each exercise for 10 reps with no rest between moves.
- Rest for only 1 minute after you complete a round of each exercise.
- Repeat for 5 rounds.
Watch the video above for demonstrations of each exercise.
A key point to make this work is to use a weight that you can actually handle. For instance, you might start with 135 pounds on the Bench Press. That might be easy for the first two rounds, but the high number of reps and minimal rest might have you struggling to do five reps in the third round. That's when you lower the weight.
Trust me, I know. It's humbling when you're are struggling to get 95 pounds up and people in the gym are watching you. But don't let that discourage you. You are going to be taxing the crud out of your chest, and the muscular hypertrophy gains you will get in the coming weeks will be well worth it.
- A Powerful Chest Workout for Strength and Size
- The Best Chest Exercises for Athletes
- Bench Press 315 Pounds With This Training Program