His pre-draft training programs have produced first-round draft picks every year since 2010, including Andrew Luck, the number 1 selection in 2012.
Suffice it so say, Travelle Gaines knows combine training.
With the NFL Combine in the books, the trainer to the pros has released his "All-Gaines Team," featuring the prospects who elevated or solidified their draft stock with impressive performances on the field at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
The list is based on several factors, including:
- How the athletes looked during official measurements
- How well they performed in the 40-Yard Dash and during shuttle drills
- How explosive they were in the jumping events
- How fluidly they moved during position drills
- Performance in the 225-Bench Test was a factor for linemen, linebackers, tight ends and running backs
QB: Marcus Mariota, Oregon—Prolific Athletics (San Diego)
RB: Karlos Williams, Florida State—Tom Shaw (Orlando)
RB: Jeremy Langford, Michigan State—(trained at school)
WR: Sammie Coates, Auburn—EXOS (Gulf Breeze, Fla.)
WR: Phillip Dorsett, Miami—XPE (Delray Beach, Fla.)
TE: Mycole Pruitt, Southern Illinois—(trained at school)
OL: La'el Collins, LSU—GATA (Atlanta)
OL: Ali Marpet, Hobart & William Smith—Chip Smith (Atlanta)
OL: Jake Fisher, Oregon—Prolific Athletics (San Diego)
OL: Laurence Gibson, Virginia Tech—(trained at school)
OL: Mitch Morse, Missouri—Chip Smith (Atlanta)
DL: Danielle Hunter, LSU—EXOS (Phoenix)
DL: Mario Edwards Jr., Florida State—EXOS (Gulf Breeze, Fla.)
DL: Frank Clark, Michigan—EXOS (Los Angeles)
LB: Vic Beasley, Clemson—XPE (Delray Beach, Fla.)
LB: Kwon Alexander, LSU—EXOS (Phoenix)
LB: Dante Fowler Jr., Florida—EXOS (Gulf Breeze, Fla.)
LB: Bud Dupree, Kentucky—(trained at school)
DB: D'Joun Smith, Florida Atlantic—Bommarito Performance (Davie, Fla.)
DB: Trae Waynes, Michigan State—Proactive Sports Performance (Santa Ana, Calif.)
DB: Justin Cox, Mississippi State—(trained at school)
DB: Eric Rowe, Utah—EXOS (Gulf Breeze, Fla.)
- The business of NFL Combine training is bigger than ever, yet six of the prospects on this list elected to prep for the Combine at their respective schools.
- Mariota (QB), Williams (RB), Pruitt (TE), Marpet (OL), Hunter (DL), Beasley (LB), Waynes (CB) and Cox (S) all ran the fastest 40 times for their position.
- LSU led the way with three Tigers featured on the list. Florida State, Michigan State and Oregon checked in with two apiece.
- Two prospects made some money in Indianapolis beyond the boosting their draft stock. Phillip Dorsett and Trae Waynes won the $100,000 cash prize from adidas for running the fastest 40 times in the new adidas cleats.
- Pruitt (Southern Illinois) and Marpat (Hobart & William Smith) are two small-school prospects who made names for themselves.
- Breakdown by facilities that trained two or more prospects on the list: EXOS (7), Prolific (2) Chip Smith (2) and XPE (2)
- Breakdown by state in which prospects elected to train: Florida (7), Arizona (3), California (3), Georgia (3)
Read about the stars of the 2015 NFL Draft:
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock