Full-body exercises have the ability to hit the most muscle groups and therefore allow for maximum calorie burn. Inserting a full-body exercise as a finisher to the workout is a great way to develop your conditioning while targeting the body's major muscle groups.
The move below will allow you to target your upper and lower body while putting your cardio to the test. Perform this movement for 20 seconds followed by 10 seconds of rest for a total of 4-8 rounds for maximum effectiveness.
- Place BOSU Ball flat side down so the blue side is facing up.
- Place hands on the blue side and line up in proper push-up form
- Perform full Push-Up on the way down. Once your chest touches the ball, explosively press yourself up into a Lunge.
- Your foot should land to the outside of the BOSU ball
- Return to the Push-Up and repeat motion with other leg.
- Perform movement for prescribed reps and/or work-rest intervals.
- Do not prioritize speed over form. Start slow and gradually increase your speed as you become more comfortable in the movement.
- If you feel you can no longer safely explode from the bottom of a Push-Up into a lunge position, take a break!
Photo Credit: Geber86/iStock
- Why Full-Body Movements Are Your Key to Getting in Better Shape
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Do Full-Body Workouts
- 5 Core Exercises That Work Your Entire Body