American strongman Brian Shaw is a giant. The 4-time World's Strongest Man champion stands 6-foot-8 and weighs 420 pounds. But for Shaw to stay that big, he must eat a lot of food. How much? In just one day, he eats seven meals that add up to 12,000 calories.
RELATED: The World's Strongest Man Just Broke the 100m Rowing Record Without Training for it
Shaw recently posted a video on his YouTube channel showing each of his seven meals. The first thing he says is that it's not the healthiest and leanest meal plan, but it helps him be the strongest man. He also says eating all day every day is a lot tougher than going to the gym and working out. After watching the video below, you will understand what he means.
Here is a breakdown of each of his meals in calories, carbs, fats and protein.
- Cereal, 8-12 eggs and peanut butter.
- Protein 68g, Carbs 74g, Fat 68g, and 1,180 total calories
- 80g protein shake, granola bars and more peanut butter.
- Protein 115g, Carbs 92g, Fat 25g, and 1,053 total calories
- Organic grass-fed beef, angel hair pasta and red pasta sauce.
- Protein 172g, Carbs 191g, Fat 82g, and 2,190 total calories
- 80g protein shake, peanut butter, two cups of unsweetened almond milk and blueberries.
- Protein 112g, Carbs 89g, Fat 22g, and 1,002 total calories
- Organic ground turkey, rice and broccoli.
- Protein 117g, Carbs 145g, Fat 41g, and 1,417 total calories
- Typically Shaw would eat another pound of ground beef, potatoes and asparagus. But since he has a big training day coming up in the video, he got takeout and ate a big pasta meal with a ton of carbs and a large glass of pop.
- 3,400 total calories
- Cheesecake, and 80 grams of whey protein.
- Protein 105g, Carbs 107g, Fat 89g, and 1,649 total calories
Shaw finishes the day with 705g of protein, 1,402g of carbs, 399g of fat and 12,019 total calories. That is a ton of food!