Vertimax Med Ball Step-Up
- Assume athletic stance with Vertimax resistance attached to waist; hold med ball in front of chest
- Step onto box and drive up until leg is fully extended
- Drive opposite knee high and press med ball forward at top of movement
- Step down with control to start position and perform rep with opposite leg
- Continue alternating for specified reps
Sets/Reps/Recovery: 3-4x4-5 each leg with 30-45 seconds rest
Gaines: This is another great explosive exercise that improves core strength and balance while reinforcing running mechanics with the toe-up, knee drive.