Every week, a new STACK Challenge gives you an opportunity to test your athletic ability and win a STACK T-shirt. Take the challenge and enter to win by tweeting your results with #STACKChallenge.
Break up the monotony of your training this week. Get creative with Alan Stein's 60,000 Pounds in 60 Minutes challenge.
To complete the challenge, add up the weight of all the reps you do in 60 minutes. If you Bench Press 150 pounds 10 times, your total for the set is 1,500 pounds. Get to 60,000 pounds any way you can. Lift heavy weight for few reps, light weights for many reps or build your own circuit.
A few rules before you get started:
- Count only full-range-of-motion reps
- Pull-Ups are the only bodyweight exercise you're allowed to count. Use your own weight for the weight of each Pull-Up
- No Leg Presses or Calf Raises
- Use free weights as much as possible
- When using dumbbells, count the total weight you're lifting (e.g., a Dumbbell Bench Press with 50-pound weights is worth 100 pounds)
Add up the weight of all the reps you do in 60 minutes. Try to reach 60,000 pounds.
How Do You STACK Up?
Rookie: 40,000 pounds
Pro: 50,000 pounds
All-Star: 60,000 pounds
How to Win a STACK T-Shirt
- Complete the challenge by July 13
- Follow STACK on Twitter (@stackmedia)
- Tweet your results and include #STACKChallenge
Not an All-Star yet? Build strength and get better for your sport with six more creative ways to work out.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock